The Catholic Parishes of Sydney Harbour North
Dear Parents, The Sacrament of First Holy Communion is celebrated towards the end of Term 3 of the school year. Children in Year 4 or above, who have made their 1st Reconciliation can participate in this program. If your child has not made their 1st Reconciliation, please contact the Sacramental Coordinator at the Parish Office asap. Preparation includes weekly Mass attendance and a Retreat Day, during which the children practice for their 1st Communion Mass. All elements of the program are compulsory.
Stage 1 of the enrolment is done online through a link on the home page of the Parish website.
Enrolments open on 4th June and close on 18th June. Late enrolments will not be accepted.
Stage 2 of the enrolment (deadline 13 July) is completed by:
- Making the financial contribution OR emailing the Parish Office to request an exemption.
- Providing a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate OR ensuring your child’s Baptismal certificate is on file from a previous sacrament. NOTE: If your child was not baptised in one of the four Parishes of Sydney Harbour North or we don’t have a copy of their Baptismal certificate on file, we will need a copy of the baptismal certificate.
The program offered is parish-based and family centred with the following elements:
1. FAMILY NIGHT: Wednesday 20 July, 5pm OR 6.30pm (Location/Mode: TBA). Please note that a parent must be with the child for the whole session. The Family evening will provide information to children and parents about the program as children and parents will go on this faith journey together which is why it is expected that both candidates and one parent attend.
2. COMMITMENT MASS: All 7 Sunday Masses on the weekend of 23/24 July (including the Vigil Masses). The candidates and their parents are invited to show their commitment to the preparation program.
3. THREE LARGE GROUP SESSIONS (Location/Mode: TBA): Children will also work through the Activity book at home with their parents. A parent MUST attend the lessons with their child.
Lesson 1: Wed 27th July choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm.
Lesson 2: Tues 2nd August choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm.
Lesson 3: Wed 10th August choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm.
Collection of Activity Book: Sacred Heart and Blessed Sacrament School children will receive their activity book from their classroom teacher during school time. All candidates who do NOT attend our two Parish schools will be required to collect the activity book from the PARISH HALL on Wed 20th July from 8am-4.30pm.
4. RETREAT DAY: Tuesday 16th August (8.45am-2.30pm) at Sacred Heart Church and Primary School. Parents are responsible for ensuring appropriate medications, epipens and medical action plans are sent with their child on the day and handed in to the Sacramental Co-ordinator.
5. RITE OF RECONCILIATION: Wednesday 24th August 5pm & 6pm at Sacred Heart Mosman
6. CELEBRATION OF FIRST COMMUNION MASSES:
Saturday 27 August, 6:15pm at Sacred Heart, Mosman
Sunday 28 August, 9am at Sacred Heart, Mosman
Sunday 28 August, 10am at Blessed Sacrament, Clifton Gardens
Sunday 11 September, 9am at Sacred Heart, Mosman
Sunday 11 September, 10am at Blessed Sacrament, Clifton Gardens
Sunday 11 September, 11am at Sacred Heart, Mosman
Please contact Thomas Dabbah, Sacramental Co-ordinator on email@example.com or on 89693202 should you have any questions.