Sacrament of First Reconciliation 2021
The Sacrament of First Reconciliation is celebrated in Term 4. Children in Year 3 or above who have been baptised or received in the Catholic Church can participate in this program. If your child has NOT been baptised or received into the Catholic Church, and you want them to receive the sacraments, please contact the Sacramental Coordinator at the Parish Office ASAP as a Baptism program is offered in the October school holidays.
There are three large group sessions which every child attends with a parent/guardian. Preparation also includes the Family Night, Mass attendance and a Retreat Day. All parents understand that all elements of the program are compulsory.
Stage 1 of the enrolment is completed online through a link on the home page of the Parish website. Enrolments open on 1 September and close on 14 September. Allocations to a 1st Reconciliation ceremony are done on the basis of completed enrolments (first in first serve).
Stage 2 of the enrolment (deadline 6th October) is completed by
- Making the $75 financial contribution OR emailing the Parish Office to request exemption
- Providing a copy of the candidate’s baptismal certificate (unless child was baptised/received in one of the four Parishes of Sydney Harbour North).
The program is parish-based and family centred with the following elements:
1. FAMILY NIGHT: 5pm & 6.30pm Wednesday 6th October LIVE on ZOOM. Please note that a parent must sit at the computer with the child for the whole session. The Family evening will provide information to children and parents about the program as children and parents will go on this faith journey together.
2. SUNDAY MASS ATTENDANCE/COMMITMENT MASS: The arrangements for this will be decided in due course according to NSW Health restrictions.
3. THREE LARGE ZOOM GROUP SESSIONS: as there are only 3 sessions children will also work through the Activity book at home with their parents to reaffirm the lesson content. A parent MUST sit at the computer with their child during the ZOOM lessons.
Lesson 1: Tues 12th October on ZOOM choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm
Lesson 2: Wed 20th October on ZOOM choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm
Lesson 3: Tues 26th October on ZOOM choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm
Collection of Activity Book: Sacred Heart and Blessed Sacrament School children will receive their activity book from their classroom teacher during school time. All candidates who do NOT attend our two Parish schools will be required to collect the activity book from the PARISH HALL on Wednesday 6th October from 8am-4.30pm.
4. RETREAT DAY: We would like to have a retreat day on Tuesday 9th November (8.45am-2.45pm) at Sacred Heart Church and Primary School, however, this will be assessed closer to the date. Parents are responsible for ensuring appropriate medications, epipens and medical action plans are sent with their child on the day and handed in to the Sacramental Co-ordinator.
5. RECONCILIATION CEREMONY: You will be allocated one of the following:
5pm OR 6.30pm Tuesday 16th November at BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH.
5pm OR 6.30pm Wednesday 17th November at BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH.
Thomas Dabbah, Sacramental Co-ordinator, Contact details: 8969-3202 or email@example.com